Saturday, July 2, 2011

6/25/11 @ 9:32 AM

“I….I…I…need help…with….my….kids”. “Can…you…take…them?” The dots represent pauses and gasps followed by words being squeezed out from behind clenched teeth. As I leaned into the phone, it was a struggle to hear her clearly. Something was not right.

Mamm, are you OK?”

“Yes…” I am in labor

The mood instantly shifted from information gathering to “Houston, we have a problem.”

This 68 yr. old guy was close to panic. The last time I was close to this situation was with the birth of our last child.

This mom had 2 children that needed a safe home while she in the hospital was having her baby.

Within hours, the Safe Families for Children Central Indiana staff had the 3 placed in volunteer host homes and sibling #4 was born.

Hospitalization is the third greatest reason for children coming to Safe Families for Children Central Indiana.

Three days later, the children are reunited with mom and their new brother.

Tell a friend about SFFC and invite them to our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Safe-Families-for-ChildrenIndianapolis/44701716109) and blog (http://safefamiliesofindy.blogspot.com/).

Chuck Gross - Advisory Board

No comments:

Post a Comment