Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Diane Palma - Reality of the Job


Coordinating a placement usually requires dozens of phone calls...from finding the right safe family to organizing logistics for intake, etc.  I used to lose sleep from worry and frustration. It seemed like so much was riding on my ability to find the perfect family for a child/parent in need. But after about 200 successful placements and the same number of sleepless nights, I finally realized that none of this is even in my control or design.  Now, if I feel a bit of frustration coming my way, I remind myself that each of our, (just under 700 to date), placements has been perfectly planned. I simply happen to have the privilege to make a few phone calls, connect a few dots...and watch the miracles unfold. 

Diane Palma
Assistant Director

No comments:

Post a Comment